Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has 3,500 personnel working in 25 countries across the globe.
Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide based in Dublin Ireland, with offices in New York and Chicago. Our mission is to support the work of Concern Worldwide by financially supporting programs, representing Concern with national/international co-funders and organizations, facilitating the recruitment of personnel and raising the organization’s profile. Concern Worldwide US also engages in development education programs with the general public and with high schools in the US.
The Foundation Officer reports to the Foundation Manager and will work closely with the Development Team and Senior Management Team to enhance support for Concern’s overseas programs among US-based private and corporate foundations. The Foundations team of 3 also serves as a resource to support other Concern US units including the Fundraising and Communication teams.
Donor Prospecting and Solicitation
- Ongoing monitoring of US foundation trends;
- Research, identify and cultivate new foundation and corporate prospects; Undertake a wide range of unsolicited written and verbal inquiries to prospective funders;
- Prepare and submit applications to foundations and corporations to meet agreed income target goals.
- Build relations with the philanthropic community, donors and peers through networking opportunities
- Work with project teams to develop and submit high standard concept papers and project proposals
Contracts and Grant Management
- Ensure grant submissions meet foundation guidelines and deadlines
- Draft and negotiate external donor contacts and agreements;
- Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements, including budgets and financial reports;
- Develop guidelines, templates and sub-grant management track processes
- Develop and maintain a grants and contracts tracking system for foundations
- Travel may be required to monitor relevant field programs or facilitate donor field trips
Information Management and Donor Relations
- Maintain and grow existing donor/partner relationships
- Conduct donor briefings, updates and coordinate donor overseas trips as appropriate
- Serve as a technical resource for a variety of internal units including the Fundraising and Communications teams and Communications;
- Strong understanding of the US Foundation and or philanthropic sector;
- Minimum five years of experience working for an international NGO or donor agency, preferably with overseas experience;
- Demonstrated track record in securing and managing private sector grants and donor portfolio management
- Proven ability to write detailed proposals and reports in a concise way, including financial elements. Ability to review and edit documents developed at field level is crucial;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage a wide variety of internal and external relationships;
- Proven experience is budget management;
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally as needed;
- Commitment to the work and values of Concern;
- Demonstrated high energy and the ability to handle multiple and often competing deadlines;
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- Higher level education qualification in a relevant field is preferred;
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
- For non US citizens interested in applying, candidates must be authorized and eligible to work in the US.
All eligible candidates should submit the following information to email@example.com.
- Résumé & Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your current salary details. We would appreciate if you could reference where you saw the position advertised.
- All interested candidates must have the eligible to work and reside in the US.
Please remember to reference your email application with subject title:
We appreciate your interest in the organization and this position. In anticipation of a high volume of applications for this position, we will only be contacting candidates invited for interview. Concern Worldwide US is an Equal Opportunity Employer.