Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern has 3200 personnel working in 25 countries across the globe.
Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living, and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable, without on-going support from Concern Worldwide.
Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide. As a key player in the Concern global network, Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. is responsible for recruiting personnel, supporting program development, financially supporting emergency relief and development programs, creating public awareness of humanitarian issues and engaging youth in the US through it’s domestic development education program. For more information on Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc., visit www.concernusa.org
As part of its three year growth plan, Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. is recruiting a Communications Director (new position) to develop and implement an aggressive communications strategy for Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. The successful candidate will work closely with a senior management team in the U.S. and will be required to engage closely with the international network of Concern Worldwide. S/he will manage a team of 6 communications staff.
Based in New York and reporting to the CEO, the Communications Director will be responsible for:
- Creating and implementing an internal and external global communications strategy for the organization and providing guidance on all communications matters to the Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. executive team.
- Leading the growth and implementation of the organization’s digital strategy across all platforms and media
- Leading the management of creative and impactful written work products targeted at multiple global audiences including funders, business leaders, policy makers, technical experts, media on issues related to international humanitarian relief and development
- Serving as the overall guardian of Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. brand; and enforce the Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. brand management protocols. This includes supporting the development of the Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. brand voice and roll-out across all channels and teams
- Working with multiple units within Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. to lead the generation of content that engages multiple constituencies.
- Managing the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and the Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. website.
- Managing all of the Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. social media content and will be required to work closely with the Development Director to optimize all online fundraising opportunities. This includes developing and implementing coordinated and creative multi-platform strategies that harness online/digital, media relations and marketing capabilities that multiply the impact of Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. as well as engage and build audiences as part of an aggressive growth plan.
- Defining metrics for all communications initiatives; track and report on metrics; analyze metrics for improvement and experimentation.
- Developing the content strategy for Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. materials and driving deeper content development for key audiences (e.g., collateral, videos, impact reports)
- Supporting all of Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. marketing and fundraising efforts by delivering content and creating templates for various teams and events.
- Managing the Communications Budget for the Organization
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, such as communications strategy, journalism, web/blogs/new media, public relations, political campaigns, publishing, etc., preferably with at least 2 years international experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, post-graduate qualifications in media/communications preferred
- Experience developing and successfully implementing a complex communications strategy
- Experience implementing global communications efforts and adapting communication strategies for a variety of international audiences and media markets.
- Experience and strong fluency in digital strategy and practice, with a preference for same in the non-profit sector, to include web, mobile, social media, video and multimedia, technology and trends
- Excellent writing skills and superb attention to detail and organizational skills
- An experienced and creative problem solver
- Strong understanding of digital marketing
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and be flexible, experience managing complex and diverse teams a plus
- Professionalism, poise and the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a sense of humor, and interact with a diverse array of people.
- Fluency in languages other than English is desirable.
- This position will require independent work, some international travel, and interactions with Board members
Interested candidates must submit the following two documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role. Please also include your current salary and reference your email application with subject title: Communications Director
We really appreciate your interest working with Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. We anticipate a high volume of applications for this position. Only candidates short-listed for first round interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please. Concern Worldwide U.S. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.