Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern Worldwide has 3,500 personnel working in 25 countries across the globe. Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide US is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide, with offices in New York and Chicago. Our mission is to support the work of Concern Worldwide by financially supporting programs, representing Concern with national/international co-funders and organizations, facilitating the recruitment of personnel and raising the organization’s profile. Concern Worldwide US also engages in development education programs with the general public and with high schools in the US.
The Communications Officer is responsible for developing and producing marketing and communications materials across print and digital platforms for Concern Worldwide US and for ensuring consistent implementation of Concern US branding guidelines. The Communications Officer also supports the continual development and enhancement of the Concern Worldwide US website by optimizing storytelling and functionality, and supports online engagement through social media.
- Writing, editing, and developing content for campaigns and marketing materials, including annual reports, brochures, conference booklets, case studies, emergency updates, event programs, donor updates, and program profiles
- Writing, editing, and developing content across Concern Worldwide US digital platforms and e-campaigns to communicate Concern’s mission and impact; liaising with Concern Worldwide (Dublin) to coordinate digital content where applicable
- Managing and updating Concern US website and social media sites
- Coordinating the design and production of marketing materials in accordance with global branding guidelines
- Managing multiple project deadlines for campaigns and production of digital and print materials
- Facilitating approval process of online and print content for external audiences.
- Liaising with Communications Manager and Desk Officers to source stories and blog content from field staff for the Concern US blogsite
- Coordinating the development, editing, and approval process of blogs submitted to Concern US from Overseas staff
- Supports Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Officer to enhance and maintain online engagement, web analytics, and digital marketing
- Monitoring and tracking web analytics for Concern US domains
- Monitoring and tracking social media analytics
- Producing and distributing monthly ezine to promote Concern’s work
- Grow and maintain Concern Worldwide US blog site
- Grow and maintain Concern Worldwide US library of program stories and photos
- Act as Concern US admin for global digital asset management system
- Manage vendors for graphic design, print, web, and other support services
- Manage information for Concern US on key programs, campaigns, and emergencies, ensuring US staff have access to critical, up-to-date resources (situation reports, photographs, case studies, program information)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Three to five years professional experience in communications, journalism, or publishing (editorial)
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience researching and developing stories for web and print media
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, multitask, prioritize deadlines, work independently, take initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience managing graphic designers, printers, web developers, and other vendors to ensure delivery of services within budgets and deadlines at highest standard of quality
- Experience working with web content management systems
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Publisher, HTML, and InDesign
- Ability to work diplomatically and efficiently with range of stakeholders in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Experience interpreting and monitoring analytics for web and social media
- Familiarity with search engine optimization
- Expertise “interacting” with and managing content for social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and blogs
All eligible candidates should submit the following two documents to email@example.com.
- Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and current salary, including the site where you saw the position advertised.
The deadline to submit applications is February 5th, 2012.
Please remember to reference your email application with subject title:
We appreciate your interest in the organization and this position; however due to the volume of applications received, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Concern Worldwide US is an Equal Opportunity Employer.